Sully’s back in da House — but will Vincente Padilla too??
I read that today is the day that Padilla’s waivers end so I guess we’ll know soon what team he’ll be on now — meaning what team he’ll be the new assiassin for !! Can you believe that guy had the [*guts*] to put his Ranger jersey on and hang out in the dugout even after the Ranger management had enough of his meltdowns and waived him? He shouldve gone back to Venezuela and watched on his Direct TV waiting to find out who his new team would be!!
I’m excited to find out what team he’s gonna poison next — hey maybe the Yankees ought to take him since they don’t care about money and hey, he helped them win a big game the other night! — or maybe the Angels who also don’t care about money and can find out some good inside scoop about the Rangers hitters and pitchers if they add Padilla to thier team.
And even if he doesn’t get claimed today that means we can trade him to ANYBODY and he doesn’t have a choice where ! Sucker !! Or we can release him and spend that $12 million on someone else (Ben Sheets and David Dallucci anyone? maybe even Tom Glavine since he’s now out on the street and could mentor Harrison and CJ “time bomb” Wilson). Someone even wrote (I think in the DMN) that we could trade Hank and Visquel to Boston for Buckholz….hey maybe JD can watch tonight in Theo’s suite and git r’ done! Think about this team with Padilla gone and Glavine, Sheets, and Buckholz here !!
(man, I just thought of something else that makes me mad — if we could trade on draft day, which I think they said would be legal the next time they have labor disputes, we’d then have enough pitching that we could trade BMac and Feldman plus a prospect hitter like Whittleman, who will never play 3b here, for Strasberg! The Nats need so much they’d have to think hard about doing that……..)
I won’t miss you Padilla !! You were always entertaining but your teammates didn’t like you and I bet we go on a tear now that you’re gone.
And I just thought of another thing —since we traded Dallucci to Philly for you, we could bring this thing full circle. Genius !! Git r’ done !!
—–Sully……….IN DA HOUSE !!!!
One of these must of happened:
1. You guys didn’t like my “Did You Play” question
2. You didn’t even see it because Spellman posted on top of me two days later (prolly because he wants to extend his comments lead on me — dang it!!)
3. You played or didn’t play baseball but are embarassed to admit how little.
4. You guys are all hata’s now based on all I’ve read at Lonestar Ball (hope not !!)
5. Too bummed after that sucky loss vs. the A’s yesterday!
Sorry if I posted somethnig you didn’t like. Don’t hold it against me, my brothers !!
— Sully, IN DA HOUSE !!
Yo yo, my brother’s. I was listening to Sporting News Radio (or was it ESPN?) a couple nights ago and got a kick out of a caller railing on the host cuz the host was throwin down all these angry opinions and the caller asked if he ever played the game. (they were talking about basketball) It’s kindofa stupid argument — pretty sure the GM who built our #1 farm system never played the game, and Wash played but only in the minors — but it got me thinking——which of you played baseball? You have lots of strong opinions (some I agree with, some I don’t — HA !!) and I wondered if you were a player once. Not that it makes your opininos any more valid.
(I tried to play juco ball but didn’t make the team. Not much of a OBP guy but I was big on slugging percentage. Well not that big. HA!)
— Sully…..IN DA HOUSE !!
I got a NewbergReport newsflash that said Hamilton might go on the DL because he’s in so much pain he can’t do anything. Forget for a minute how much that would suck. Who would replace him in the outfield? (This is the stuff we want to be known for at Crops on the Farm!)
1. Greg Golson — he’s hitting 333-383-481 and is really fast. I think he was originally a center fielder but I guess if not anymore, Byrd and Murph could play CF. One thing: I remember he was on the Phillies 40 man roster but I’m not sure if we added him to our 40 man when we traded for him, so that could be a problem.
2. Julio Bourbon — he’s definately on the 40 man but is at just 267-329-307 — not as good as Golson.
Brandon Boggs — 226-388-283. Hmm. Nuff said.
Ben Harrison — 296-424-519. Sweet stats. If he gets the call, remember where you heard it first!
— Sully…..IN DA HOUSE !!
Make room for Sully, my brothers and sista’s!! Be nice to me and I’ll give you the scoop on Fin and Spellman. Ha!
Fin is The MAN on Texas Ranger minor league prospects (no offense to Joey or Zywica or MJH), but I’ve got my take too, and it’s no fun if we can’t all play Mel Kipper Jr.! Spellman thinks he’s Chris Berman too, so don’t be surprised if we break out a NFL roundtable on you when you least suspect it! Maybe even some Ribby Paltz !!
When you look at farm players you’re missing the boat if you just go by BaseballAmerica rankings or those websites. Numbers don’t lie! (Moneyball !!) Fin isn’t into the stats as much as me, so he and I will disagree on who rocks the most from timew to time. Spellman spent part of his first blog on someone named Rich GIlbert, so I’m not sure whether he should be trusted whether he’s a stats guy or a scout guy — ha !!
I’ll start out with my own top 10 since Fin did his. I’m gonna skip Holland and Elvis (Mr. Nuff Said!) and Teagarden since they’re in the bigs.
10. Beau Vaughn — Wes Who? This is the guy we got for Littleton. What was Boston thinkin? ZERO RUNS in seven games! He should be setting Frankie up by May !!
9. Timothy Smith — SLEEPER!! Heard it here first, my brothers! He’s hitting 392-456-569 and has five steals in 15 games. Does it all. I am not sure why he doesn’t get more props.
8. Martin Perez/MIchael Main — These guys get lots of hype from MJH and Newberg and Parks, but Perez and Main need to show something. Main is getting rocked with the Blazes, and Perez has good stats but he may be fragile (just 13 innings in 3 games??).
7. Manny Pena — man we have lots of awesome catchers. I don’t know how good his defense is (anyone know?), but he’s hitting .488 and has more starts than C.Gradoville so his defense must be pretty good too.
6. Neftali Feliz — His numbers were beastly in 08 but I’m worried he could be a 4-AAAA since he’s walking a batter per inning in OKC. Maybe it’s time to make him a reliever? He could be downright awesome as a closer.
5. Marcus Lemon — you just knew he’d be awesome — think about how many sons of big leaguers turn out to be a lot better than their dads. Just a matter of time. He’s hitting .339 for Frisco — and that’s after a slump! Loves me some Elvis, but he better not let up.
4. Kasey Kiker — he’s been called Kazmer since we drafted him in the first round, and it’s finally all coming togerther in Frisco. Awesome 19 K in 22 innings.
3. Wilfred Boscan — Man, it sucks that he’s hurt. Is he the next Jovanny Cedeno? Still, whatever was wrong didn’t hurt his stats — 2-1, 0.51 and only six hits in three starts! Wow.
2. Julio Bourbon — It’s really rare to sign a big league contract in the draft unless you’re Texiera or Prior. Bourbon is proving he was worth it. He’s a good hitter, a great basestealer, and a great defensive outfielder in center field. His numbers have bounced around alot but he’s hitting .280 now with a .341 OBP so if he can play good defense, he’ll be just what the Doctor ordered in Arlington.
1. Justin Smoak — He’s Smokin’ hot! (Rock Me!) I think he started slow but is over .300 now and has more BB than K’s. Betcha he’s in left field in Texas by September callups (Davis ain’t going nowhere). Not sure if his arm can handle right and I don’t think he can run fast enough to be in CF with Josh going to right field.
Drop some comments ya’ll….! Let’s get this party started !!
— Sully….IN DA HOUSE !!